- TAA has developed a new Lease Contract Overview video that highlights important information in the lease for residents. This resource is available in both English and Spanish.
- The TAA Education Foundation offers Renting 101, a free online program to better educate first-time renters about their rights and responsibilities.
- TAA communicates regularly with our members about changes in the laws and regulations that govern rental property.
- TAA provides resources and assistance to ensure that our members are operating effectively, legally and ethically.
- TAA has been a key proponent of legislation that has increased habitability and security standards for residents of rental housing.
- Legislation supported by TAA has set the standard for security devices (locks and other items) required in residential rental housing. Texas laws are among the nation's toughest for required security devices and for return of security deposits.
- TAA has also supported uniform statewide fencing requirements for pool yards at rental properties to improve pool safety and reduce the likelihood of accidental drowning.
- TAA has also been instrumental in supporting the passage of meaningful tort reform in the state. These reforms have helped keep a lid on operating costs and costs associated with frivolous lawsuits, which can add to the cost of rent.
Friday, July 8, 2011
What TAA Can Do For Renters
The Texas Apartment Association has many great resources available for apartment renters. Below is an excerpt from their site.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment