When leasing an apartment, it is important to know several items covered in your lease. The Texas Apartment Association defines some of those points of interest.
- When rent is due and what late charges will be placed.
- Requirement of advanced notice when you plan to leave the rental property.
- Responsibilities at the end of the lease term.
- Room mate policy.
- Restrictions affecting security deposit.
- Owners obligation for repairs.
- How to request repairs.
These are among the most important terms to know when you are signing a lease.