This is the eleventh in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Freescale Semiconductor Ltd (NYSE:FSL). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day
, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
designs and produces hardware and software for the automotive, networking, industrial and consumer markets at its Austin headquarters. Started as a division of Motorola, Freescale became its own company in 2004 and was one of the first semiconductor companies in the world. Freescale
is going to begin manufacturing an accelerometer designed to more easily monitor how industrial machinery is working.
Freescale employs people in a wide variety of positions at its Austin headquarters, including Photo Equipment Engineers (Median Annual Salary $58,738 for an Equipment Engineer I), IT System Administrators (Median Salary $86,491 for a UNIX Administrator), Manufacturing Operators (Median Salary $29,316 for a Manufacturing Technician I), and many more. All salary information from Salary.com
for 78735, Freescale's zip code.
Freescale employees have many options for lunch near their Southwest Austin headquarters. Jack Allen’s Kitchen
is less than two miles away and is a locally owned restaurant serving creative twists on American fare using all fresh, locally sourced and in-season ingredients. Just a mile away is Thai Taste
, which cooks flavorful Thai food like curries and Pad Thai in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
For getting together for drinks after work with coworkers, Red’s Porch
is just five miles away on South Lamar and has delicious pub food, a large beer selection, and fantastic sunset views from the second story bar. Hecho in Mexico
is another popular choice for Mexican food and anything from beer to margaritas.
Save time on your commute to work at Freescale by living at one of the gorgeous apartment communities close to Freescale.
- Hudson Miramont Apartments were built in 2004 and are just five minutes away from Freescale off Southwest Parkway. Units range from 1-3 bedrooms and 704 to 1,327 square feet and feature full-sized washer dryer connections, ceiling fans, and vaulted ceilings. This gated community has covered parking, a pet park, scenic views, and a fitness center.
- IMT Monterey Ranch Apartments are just 6 miles away via William Cannon Drive and Highway 290. Built in 2001, this beautiful community features apartments ranging from a studio to 3 bedrooms and in size from 498 square feet to 1160 square feet. IMT has hiking trails, five sparkling pools, 2 playgrounds, complimentary tennis lessons, and indoor basketball court, and a kids' club activity room and learning lab. Units feature large walk-in closets, private balconies or patios, and short-term leases are available.
- Estancia Apartments are 9 minutes from Freescale via 290 and 71 and were built in 2009. Apartments are from 1-3 bedrooms and 686 to 1,310 square feet and feature open floor plans, garden tubs, washer/dryer connections, and faux wood floors. Estancia is a gated community that welcomes pets, has stunning hill country views, door to door trash removal, carports and garages.
- Vineyard Hills Apartments are a quick 7 minute drive away on 290 and have 1-3 bedroom apartments ranging from 640 to 1,315 square feet. Built in 2000, this gated community has a clubroom, heated spa, wireless internet by the pool, movie rental service, and garages.
- The Park at Monterey Oaks were built in 2000 and are 10 minutes from Freescale off Loop One. Apartments range from 1-2 bedrooms and 696 to 1,267 square feet and feature washer-dryer connections, available attached garages, granite countertops, available fenced backyards, and ceiling fans in the living and bedrooms. This gated community has a large nature park and walking trail that is also a dog park, resident lounge with complimentary coffee, tea, and breakfast bar, two playscapes, and boat parking.
- Sedona Springs Apartments, built in 1996, are three miles from Freescale via William Cannon and Mopac. 1-3 bedroom apartments are available from 647 square feet to 1,248 square feet. Units have large walk-in closets, all electric kitchens, 9 foot ceilings, private balconies and patios, and wood burning fireplaces are available.
These communities are just a few of the rental choices available to Freescale employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. We know that finding an apartment that allows for a short commute to work, has the amenities you want, and fits into your budget can be difficult. Our job as apartment locators is to provide valuable insight into each of your rental options so you can choose the best apartment the first time. Our services are free for our clients and can save you valuable time when you are searching for a rental. Call (512) 912-8000 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.austinapartmentspecialists.com
to find out more about our apartment locator services.